Pupil Premium is a payment made to schools by the Government. It makes up part of the school“s funding, is received into our budget and is made available for use throughout the school. Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding to best support the raising of attainment for the most vulnerable pupils.
Spire Junior has one of the highest number of children eligible for Pupil Premium money in Derbyshire at 61%.
2023/2024 Current Allocation: £152,855 in Pupil Premium.
Main Barriers to achievement are:
- Limited language and communication Skills
- Varied life experiences on entry to Spire Junior School
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs of the pupils
- Family support and parental engagement regarding education and future aspirations
- Cultural capital deficit which leads to gaps in understanding of the world around them
We follow EEF Guidance and allocate our funding in three different areas, which ensure we improve classroom pedagogy, provide targeted support and support whole school strategies:
- Targeted academic support
- Wider strategies
Please click the link below to access our 2023-2024 Pupil Premium spending plan.